Here are some helpful tips for your next eye exam at CEA:
A comprehensive eye exam typically takes around an hour, depending on what tests are needed.
Will my eyes be dilated?
For a comprehensive eye health check our doctors need to dilate your eyes. Dilation drops typically last 3-4 hours. As dilation makes our eyes more sensitive to light, CEA provides you with a disposable sunglasses to use with your eyeglasses to protect your eyes.
Does CEA take my insurance?
CEA does our best to verify your insurance benefits, however, we cannot guarantee those benefits. Please call or ask our staff if you have questions or need clarification on your benefits.
What to bring to my appointment?
- Know your medical history and list of current medications;
- Know your current symptoms and be able to describe them to your doctor;
- Know your family history (some eye diseases are hereditary);
- Bring your insurance card, identification and method of payment; and
- Bring your eyeglasses, contact lenses, sunglasses, computer glasses, and reading glasses.