Cataracts is a disease of the eye that results in the clouding of the lens of the eyeball. They prevent clear images from appearing on the eye’s retina; causing mild, moderate, or even severe blurred vision.
During the evaluation of your eye health we will carefully examine your lens for signs of cataract formation. If a cataract is noticed and the clouding is causing visual disruption, your eye doctor will refer you to a trusted and respected surgeon for surgery, which is the only known cure for cataracts. Cambridge Eye Associates will continue to provide you with pre- and post-cataract surgery care.
Although symptoms people experience from cataracts may vary, here is a list of possible symptoms:
- Blurry or cloudy vision that cannot be corrected with a change in eyeglass prescription;
- Glare from lamps, sunlight, oncoming traffic when driving at night or indoor lighting;
- Colors appear dim and less vibrant;
- Halos around lights;
- Double vision;
- Poor night vision; and/or
- Sudden improvement in near vision.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms or any change in your vision, call CEA immediately to schedule an appointment with your eye doctor.
*Saturday Hours By Appointment Only